Fire Advisory Board Announced
HELENA – Montana Attorney General Mike McGrath recently announced the appointment of nine new members of the state’s Fire Prevention and Investigation Bureau Advisory Council and the reappointment of another.
State Fire Marshal Terry Phillips said the council advises his office on a variety of issues, including revisions to the state fire code, proposed legislation or special research projects
“The council keeps the rest of the state in touch with the Fire Marshal,” Phillips said. Members come from communities across the state and include a state lawmaker, private citizens and law enforcement professionals.
- Terry Phillips, State Fire Marshal, Helena
- Bill Jellison, Building Codes Bureau, Dept. of Labor & Industry, Helena
- Cheryl Liedle, Undersheriff, Lewis & Clark County, Helena
- Brett Waters, Chief, Belgrade Fire Department
- Rep. Gary Forrester, Billings
- Bob Rajala, Fire Marshal, Missoula Fire Department
- Doug Neil, Great Falls Fire Department
- Bob Bergren, Havre Fire Department
- Greg Megaard, Fire Marshal, Bozeman Fire Department
All the appointments are new except for Waters. The council will also include the new Billings Fire Marshal. Phillips said that position should be filled before the end of February.