The Children’s Justice Bureau is an agency-wide initiative at the Montana Department of Justice dedicated to IMPROVING how we respond to child victims, DEVELOPING state-of-the-art approaches by keeping up with the newest research and, most importantly, HELPING child victims recover and move on with their lives. This effort includes many parts:
- Montana Child Sexual Abuse Response Team (MCSART): MCSART helps organize teams of professionals who surround a child victim of crime or abuse to ensure the child is treated in a safe, non-victimizing way and that evidence is gathered to bring the child’s assailant to justice. MCSART also provides training for professionals around the state to ensure that all Montana’s child victims receive the same high level of care and that justice prevails.
- Montana’s Sexual or Violent Offender Registry: The Sexual or Violent Offender Registry (SVOR) is a searchable, on-line public database of all every person required by law to register with local officials as either a sexual or violent offender. The registry can be searched by name or location and includes maps of offender addresses. The SVOR has its own web page here.
- Drug Endangered Children (DEC): We have also partnered with DEC in order to intervene on behalf of drug endangered children by rescuing, defending, sheltering, and supporting them. This website serves as a portal where you will find resources for parents and professionals.
- Child and Family Ombudsman
Montana’s new ombudsman program offers citizens concerned about child safety an opportunity to work with agencies and providers across the state who care for children at risk of abuse or neglect. To request assistance, fill out this formAssistance Request Form: Word Doc. (fillable on-line)
Assistance Request Form: PDF Doc. (fillable on-line)
- To return the form:
Report Child Abuse 1-866-820-5437
- Call the Ombudsman at 1-844-45CHILD (1-844-452-4453).
- Email the request form to the Ombudsman at DOJOMBUDSMAN@mt.gov
- Fax the request form to the Ombudsman at (406) 329-1259.
- Mail request form to the Ombudsman at 2685 Palmer Avenue, Suite E, Missoula, MT 59808
We are working hard at the Montana Department of Justice to ensure that the justice system truly serves young victims and helps them heal.
Contact the Children’s Justice Bureau
Children’s Justice Bureau Chief
Children’s Justice Bureau
Department of Justice
P.O. Box 201417
Helena, MT 59620-1417